Product designers! Come join Khan Academy and put your passion and skill for great design toward a deeply meaningful purpose. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
The team at Khan Academy comes from a wide variety of backgrounds; it includes industry leaders from companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, tiny startups, games, and education – we actively foster a cross-disciplinary environment because we believe that’s where the magic happens. We’re deeply invested in your future: we have high expectations of you, and consider deeply how to best support you to achieve them.
The design team is a small, diverse group of people; each member has a lot of impact and makes huge contributions across the board. As a good candidate, you will have a great portfolio with a string of successful projects in your wake. Your friends and coworkers think of you as the go-to person for at least two of these:
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Prototyping skills
- Information architecture
- User research and testing
As a Senior Product Designer, you have a passion for mentoring other designers as well as doing fantastic design work yourself. You enjoy making sure design projects go smoothly and are able to represent design to stakeholders. You’re able to show us successful past projects, explain your systematic design reasoning, and show how you used your skills – design, leadership, communication, interpersonal and more – along the way. You can demonstrate that you’re invested in working well with your peers and other disciplines, such as engineering and PM, throughout your career – because we’re dedicated to both great quality design and great quality collaboration.
- 5+ years experience
- Proven ability to design world class experiences from the ground up that are both intuitive to use and pleasurable to look at
- Experience owning (formally or informally) design on successful projects
- A passion for designing engaging learning experiences, as well as a desire to make the world a better place
- Excitement to contribute culturally and technically to the growth of those around you, as well as a drive to keep learning new things yourself
- Introspection, humility, maturity, excellent communication skills, and strong systematic problem solving ability
- Proficiency at determining which information is needed and which strategy to take when approaching new or ambiguous problems
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed
- A fun, high-caliber team that believes in the importance of having a great day-to-day experience
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View, flexibility to work from other locations
- The opportunity to work on software and programs that are already impacting the future of learning
- The ability to improve real lives and put your talents toward a deeply meaningful mission
- The possibility of helping empower more problem solvers to improve the world
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires an engineering team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic, or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a non‐profit with a mission of providing a free world‐class education for anyone, anywhere. Our free online educational resources include practice problems, instructional lessons, and learning tools to support personalized education for users of all ages.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
We believe a few great people can make a big difference. If you're one of 'em, check out the opportunities we have available across the team, and apply below. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.