Want to work on the cutting edge of real-time communications? Interested in helping customers reinvent and disrupt the $1.8 trillion communications industry?
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced product leader to set the vision and guide the development of Twilio’s core call control APIs which sit at the heart of Twilio’s Programmable Voice and Video products. Programmable Voice & Video is Twilio’s core platform for real-time communications, powering applications as diverse as contact centers like Zendesk Talk and Twilio Flex, healthcare applications like Doctor on Demand, in-app VoIP in mobile apps like Uber, and thousands of others.
The right person for this role:
- Is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big
- Exhibits excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Is a strong business owner, comfortable sharing their vision with senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
- Understands the technical and architectural challenges developers face when building a sophisticated, polished web or mobile application
- Has experience developing a product management team and talent, but isn’t afraid to rollup their sleeves and do hands-on work
- Understands programming fundamentals and isn’t afraid to write code – you’ll be drafting mock REST and client-side APIs, and occasionally building simple demo applications to share your product’s capabilities and your vision for its future
- Bonus points: Has first-hand experience with key real-time communications technologies such as WebRTC, HLS/MPEG-Dash, or similar
- Own the long-term product vision for session management in Twilio’s core call control APIs: <Conference> and <Room>
- Discover opportunities and solutions by gathering feedback from customers and prospects, iterating on API mocks and UI wireframes, whiteboarding technical implementations
- Work with your team to evolve existing services and define new ones, prioritize their features, and craft their user experience.
- Represent your product roadmap and business metrics to Twilio’s technology executives, customers, and to product teams across the company
- Engage with our largest customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. The Programmable Voice & Video platform reaches more than two million developers globally.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.