The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
We are looking for a Meeting + Event Coordinator to support the Linux Foundation’s Event Services team to continue to deliver high quality, successful events for our members and clients. The Event Services team manages 40+ global events annually (conferences, hackfests, board meetings etc), ranging in size from 50 – 5,000 attendees. This position requires overnight and weekend travel to events both domestically and internationally (~25%). This position is a remote, virtual, position so can be located anywhere in the United States.
In this position, you would be responsible for the following.
- Coordinate program logistics including AV, space planning, food and beverage, production, exhibit design, timelines etc.
- Provide on-site support, including working registration
- Update and maintain event websites
- Database updates & reporting (Salesforce) – visa letters, travel funding, diversity scholarships, registration invoicing etc.
- Build and update event registration forms
- Provide customer support to attendees and other event stakeholders
- Develop and manage budgets, timelines and workflow
- Communicate on a regular basis with clients and planning/program committees to meet their needs and specifications
- Work with external vendors on the creation and timely delivery of conference materials such as conference documentation, signage, promotional items, etc.
- Ordering, packing and shipping event supplies
- Assisting with proofing and editing collateral materials and website & email copy
- Create and deploy attendee email communications and post-event surveys
- Work with sponsors on sponsorship benefit fulfillment and delivery
- Manage post-event invoices and billing
Trade Show / Event Marketing
- Work with clients to manage their participation in industry conferences and trade shows via exhibiting
- Work with vendors and exhibit company to create a presence for clients at these events including management of: booth design, marketing material, promotional items, drayage and shipping, staff travel details, etc
- Manage post-event invoices and billing
- Onsite support to set-up and manage event presence
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA degree and 2-4 years of recent corporate or agency/3rd party planning experience required in an event planning role.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (both written & verbal) skills
- Must demonstrate strong computer knowledge (office applications, internet, registration software, database applications, and project management software) – proven ability to pick up new programs and softwares quickly
- Attention to Detail – extremely organized and efficient
- Excellent Research Skills – know the places to look and manage time spent efficiently
- Ability to effectively deliver in a fast –paced environment
- Ability to manage tasks, time and schedule with limited supervision
- Adept at working on multiple projects and with multiple stakeholders at once, and able to prioritize and make the best use of time
- Ability to interact with a wide range of clients – from C-level executives to technical programmers
- Candidate must be able to work independently, with clients, vendors and with a team
- Excellent strategic thinking and critical reasoning skills
- Creative – Ability to think of new ways to impact our events
- Copy writing, editing and/or proofreading background is a plus
- Prior experience with Google Docs, WordPress, Adobe, Salesforce, Eventbrite and/or RegOnline a plus
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., Fantastic health care, Unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match up to $18k, profit-sharing and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About The Linux Foundation
More than 20 years ago, Linus Torvalds sparked an open source revolution with a short email declaring he was doing a new project “just for fun.” Today, Linux powers 98% of the world’s super computers, most of the servers powering the Internet, the majority of financial trades worldwide and tens of millions of Android mobile phones and consumer devices. In short, Linux is everywhere.
The Linux Foundation partners with the world's leading developers and companies to solve the hardest technology problems and accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The World’s Most Important Open Source Software Project—Linux
Linux is the world’s largest and most pervasive open source software project in history. The Linux Foundation is home to Linux creator Linus Torvalds and lead maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman and provides a neutral home where Linux kernel development can be protected and accelerated for years to come.
• Of the top one million domains, Linux is the operating system for over 95% of them
• Over 80% of smartphones run Android, which is based on the Linux kernel
• Of the top 500 fastest supercomputers in the world, more than 98% of them run on Linux
• Most of the global markets are running on Linux, including NYSE, NASDAQ, London Exchange, Tokyo Stock Exchange, and more
• The majority of consumer electronic devices use Linux for its small footprint
• More than 75% of cloud-enabled enterprises report using Linux as their primary cloud platform
• Linux is the go-to infrastructure supporting the world’s e-commerce leaders, including Amazon, Ebay, Paypal, Walmart, and others
The operating system has seen massive acceptance in almost every sector, including financial, government, education, and even film production. Linux is also the operating system of choice to support cutting-edge technologies such as the Internet of Things, cloud computing, and big data. It is helping to transform industries and disrupt the status quo.