We’re looking for a Senior Technical Sourcer to join the Recruiting Team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
Talented people can be found everywhere, but quite often the best people aren’t even thinking about a career change. This is where Zapier’s Talent Sourcers come in. The sleuths and connectors of Zapier’s Recruiting team, we spend our time searching far and wide across the web (from LinkedIn to GitHub to Twitter and everywhere in between). We dive deep into online communities to uncover great people, and reach out to these people in thoughtful ways to entice them to join Zapier.
Here at Zapier, we know Talent Sourcing can be more than pipeline building and candidate generation. Sourcing is a strategic and highly-valued technical craft that combines a deep curiosity to understand humans and their motivations around work, and the perseverance to find the right people and connect with them with the right opportunities in the right ways.
As Zapier’s resident expert in the talent market, you will help shape the future of our company and build a robust network of technical candidates to support Zapier’s effort to attract, recruit, and hire a diverse and talented team that reflects our global customer base. You will need depth of craft knowledge, the energy to experiment, and the tenacity to persevere when faced with complexity and ambiguity. We are a small but ambitious team committed to high quality and big results, and we’re looking for people to influence our strategy and achieve big results with us.
If you’re curious, data-oriented, and consider yourself a savvy internet detective, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
• You have experience with talent sourcing as a craft. You have 4+ years of sourcing experience in an in-house (preferably SaaS) or agency environment. You’ve worked on hard-to-fill, niche, and highly technical roles, and you understand that sourcing is not a band-aid solution but a highly-valued technical craft and a critical part of strategic talent acquisition. You’re also no stranger to deploying creative ways to find the candidates that no one else could find. You love manipulating boolean search strings to get results, and are familiar with LinkedIn Dark Matter 😉
• You are a champion for diversity & inclusion. At Zapier, we know that hiring and fostering a diverse team is just the right thing to do. You advocate for DIBE at every stage of the sourcing funnel, and you’re keen to flex your creativity to find technically-skilled folks from underrepresented backgrounds.
• You are metrics-driven and data-informed. You are comfortable using data to guide your decisions. You are able to weave together your knowledge of total addressable markets, industry benchmarks, and historical conversion rates to set expectations and guide yourself toward the smarter outcomes.
• You take a methodical, systematic and experimental approach. You are able to break down problems into small parts, work backwards from your goal, and iterate and experiment constantly to find and reach the right candidates in the right way.
• An appreciation of language. You enjoy words, both written and spoke. You are always looking for ways to better your communication skills. You are eager to translate your love of words into a creative job description, a clever outreach email, a well-articulated update to a hiring manager, or a compelling training brief.
• You understand how to effectively prioritize. You are driven by a sense of urgency. You know how to manage multiple competing and shifting priorities, as well as the expectations of those you are working with.
• You have fluency with modern tools. You have an appreciation for how technology (and automation!) make work better. You are comfortable using modern recruiting tools such as Gem, LinkedIn Recruiter, Talent Insights, and Greenhouse to accomplish your goals efficiently. If you’ve not used these, you would feel comfortable researching them and pushing buttons to see what happens. You are also driven to find better tools to improve how we work.
• You are comfortable with both autonomy and collaboration. You know that you don’t have all the answers, but you are confident that you can find them. You enjoy the freedom of self-directed work, and enjoy being able to figure things out for yourself. That being said, you are still comfortable asking questions, partnering with others to get work done, and sharing your ideas openly.
• You are driven by an inherent curiosity. You are curious about people and their motivations around work. You want to know not just what people do, but why they do it. You are eager to learn about and source for novel roles, research talent availability and other topics you’re unfamiliar with. You also ask great questions.
Things You’ll Do
• Talent mapping: Research markets, companies, teams and role types based on industry, financial state, recent acquisitions and market events to drive your sourcing strategies for current or upcoming roles
• Candidate generation: Build pipelines of qualified and diverse candidates from a variety of sources, including accessing pools of talent from historically underrepresented groups in the tech industry. Create and maintain long-term relationships with top talent in the industry.
• Partnering with the business: Nurture strong relationships with recruiters, business leader and hiring managers to understand hiring needs and work with them to develop creative strategies for sourcing and attracting the best talent in a competitive market
• Outreach and engagement: Engage top talent through multiple avenues including e-mail and LinkedIn outreach using a high-touch and personalized approach that equally reflects Zapier’s unique talent brand.
• Data: Use high-quality qualitative and quantitative data to influence decisions and continuously improve on outcomes.
• Experimentation: Experiment with new approaches, tactics, sources, and tools to maximize your impact. This may include A/B testing outreach, trying a new sourcing platform, or taking an alternative approach to finding candidates (and sharing the insights to teach others).
• Projects and process improvement: Leading projects to improve and scale how we source at Zapier so we can build a best-in-class Talent Sourcing function.
• Mentorship: Mentoring teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft.
• Sourcing enablement and education: Educating your partners on the Recruiting Team and in the business on ways to engage in and improve their sourcing.
• Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
• As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
This role will report into a centralized Sourcing function, and will partner with specific functional teams in Engineering, Product and Design. You’ll have a chance to dive deeply into what these teams are working on, their strategic priorities, the technologies they are using, and what they are building to make everyone more productive at work. At the same time, you will have opportunities to flex your sourcing and research chops in other areas of the business when needed.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote – North America or Western Europe
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
• Competitive salary
• Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
• Retirement plan with 4% company match*
• Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
• $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
• Two annual all-company retreats
• 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
• Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
• Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
• Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
• Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.