The Zoe Report is looking for a West Coast Editor to write, assign, and edit day-to-day content about all things fashion, beauty, celebrity, and lifestyle. The West Coast Editor will work closely with the Managing Editor to understand the needs and goals of the site so that he or she can run the site autonomously, when the East Coast team signs off. The West Coast Editor will be responsible for producing content about celebrity news, sales, product launches, product and brand news, industry news, and general lifestyle content that appeals to TZR’s audience via search and social platforms. Because the West Coast Editor will will be working PST hours while the other full-time staff will be working EST, they need to be comfortable working independently, as this is a remote position. Solid news instincts and a desire to be a decision maker is ideal.
An interest in and experience with fashion, beauty, celebrity, and lifestyle assignment and copy editing, networking, nurturing and maintaining contacts within the fashion and beauty industries, and a desire to produce productive and creative content that gets seen is a must. A desire to network and represent the brand in and around Los Angeles is also a must. TZR’s content will be inclusive, informative, iconic, and fun.
- Effectively communicate with the East Coast team and establish on a daily basis what needs to be handed off
- Assign, edit, and publish roughly 3 fashion/beauty shopping news, celebrity, and/or lifestyle news stories a day, managing a team of part-time writers and freelancers
- Keep a finger on the pulse of all things celebrity, industry, and shopping news via Twitter, Instagram, reputable news outlets, press releases, and exclusive announcements via your professional network
- Closely monitor analytics tools to track performance, and adjust daily and monthly strategy accordingly
- Represent the brand at various industry events, and occasionally join the Sales team on sales calls in and around LA
- Work closely with team members during tentpole events, such as awards season and fashion weeks
- 5+ years fashion, beauty, and/or celebrity or lifestyle editing or writing experience in (ideally) digital media
- Familiarity with best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit fast, without compromising brand integrity or mission
- Contacts in the fashion/beauty industry
- Comfort networking and attending events on behalf of the brand
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
- Reside in or near Los Angeles
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group’s content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.