Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fundraising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Web Development Program Manager. As a Web Development Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market. Additionally, you’ll be expected to actively contribute to and improve upon the existing curriculum in conjunction with the Program Manager.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
What You’ll Do
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon Web Development course curriculum to produce job market ready graduates
- Report to the Web Development Program Manager, providing details of status and student performance for the portion of curriculum you are responsible for
- Collaborate with the curriculum team on the ongoing development of the Web Development curriculum, providing strong subject-matter expertise to ensure curriculum reflects current and robust Web Development practices
- Teach guided projects in PST morning hours, working closely with Team Leads and monitoring overall student participation and performance
- Review curriculum with cohort Team Leads (TLs) and Section Leads (SLs) so they can better support students in absorbing the instruction content
- Provide strong subject-matter expertise in Web Development, including frontend and backend topics
- Coordinate cross functionally across multiple teams to contribute to the goals and initiatives of the Web Development program in conjunction with learning leadership plans and objectives
What You’ll Need
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the Web Dev industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the Web Dev industry
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
- Passion and interest in keeping up with the latest in Computer Science/Web Development technology
At Lambda School, we’re looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren’t an exact match with what we’ve laid out in this job description. We’re building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.