The Humane League is an international farm animal advocacy group that fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving. We have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has positioned itself for sustained growth and success in our mission to reduce the suffering of farm animals. We have a current staff size of 50+ dispersed across the US and internationally.
We are seeking a video editor to join our growing, dynamic communications team in the US to assist our internal video production team to edit high-end video content from video shoots, as well as create template videos from existing assets. Our environment is collaborative and fast-paced, and our core content is animal-welfare-related. The successful applicant has a wide range of creative styles, excellent technical ability and can translate the director’s vision while adding meaningful creative input.
Your position plays an integral role in enhancing the quality of communications at The Humane League. We want you because:
- You’re passionate about video. You can capture an audience’s attention through your fresh ideas and visual storytelling. Whether through amateur projects or in a professional setting, you have demonstrable video editing experience. You know the ins and outs of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You know how to get your brilliant ideas out of your mind and into a product. Equally important, you can communicate these ideas among the team.
- You work well independently and in teams. You’re a self-starter with strong self-management skills, but you also appreciate the value of collaboration and feedback.
- You are passionate about farm animal advocacy and THL’s mission.You understand the importance of our mission and the underlying values, and can showcase this so others do, too.
This is a full-time, remote position with occasional travel. This position reports to the VP, Communications.
You will report to the Vice President of Communications, and will work under the direction of the Video Producer. As video editor you will:
- Assist in creating videos, seamlessly editing audio and video to deliver a professional quality product that presents and advances THL’s mission, values and work.
- Edit raw footage and create a seamless final product that stays true to THL’s brand.
- Ensure our key messages and goals are incorporated into the videos.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Export projects with necessary codes to deliver appropriate file types for various platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram.
- Spearhead projects from start to finish, using the team’s feedback to revise as needed
- Creative mind and strong storytelling skills. Should have experience in professional video editing incorporating text and graphic animation, as well as audio editing.
- Expertise in: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Audition (or similar program), Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience in all aspects of post-production including editing, color grading,encoding, sound design, compression and basic animation.
- Experience of HD and RAW digital editing workflows and digital formats. General knowledge of Adobe’s Dynamic Link.
- Ability to source online resources when necessary, such as: stock footage, royalty free music, etc.
- Practical understanding of graphic design and typography.
- Comprehension and appreciation of artistic direction of photography, film, commercials and music videos, lighting and color styles.
- Understanding of appropriate usage of various music genres, past and current, for video projects.
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter. Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- General sound editing and sound design
- Advanced animation skills a plus.
To apply, please submit resume and dazzling portfolio of video demonstrating deep understanding of storytelling and technical proficiency.
Starting salary $35,000 commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.