Want your work displayed across Major League Baseball’s social media channels?
MLB’s social media team is looking to add creative video producers in various regions around the country for short content creation to use on our social media platforms. Candidates must have a strong understanding of baseball and be able to shoot, edit, and produce video content in real-time. You are our content representative who’ll cover all things MLB-related in your corresponding region. Must be willing to travel.
This is a part-time, seasonal position, covering various games and events in your region. While you’re working remotely, you will report to our social media team in New York City.
Please send along your resume, cover letter and a portfolio or Vimeo/YouTube account showing off any previous sports videography you’ve done in the past.
We are currently looking to fill three positions with people based out of three regions: West Coast, Midwest and East Coast
- You’ll work with our social media department based out of New York City to create new and fresh content for our league and team social platforms
- Know what’s happening around the league, ready to come up with short content ideas on the fly. Could be anything from a player record being broken, highlighting a rivalry or pregame dance moves
- Capture pregame, in-game, or postgame content and create quick clips for social distribution
- Shoot and edit in as close to real-time as possible, send to our folks in NYC for posting
- Love baseball, excited to be at the park all season
- Familiar with MLB and team’s voice on social, ready to contribute to that voice
- Creative, determined to create new content each day so things don’t get stale
- Have 1-2 years of professional quality videography experience
- Know the ins and outs of social media platforms and what content works best on each
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras, having own shooting equipment a plus
- Pro using Adobe Creative Suite, more specifically Premiere
- Flexible with your schedule, ready to cover events on the fly
- Excited and willing to travel is a must
- Strong communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Professional on and off the field, positive representation of the league and our department
- Experience interviewing and storytelling is a plus