We are looking for a Software Engineer, Full Stack to join our rapidly growing Technology team. This full-time position is remote within the United States, Canada, or LATAM. This high-profile role, reporting to the Director of Development, will have exposure to influence the vision and implementation of architecture, design, and features for the world-class platform to disrupt the future of work. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mindset, endless passion, and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals.
● Help to execute on our technical vision and roadmap that align development activities and projects with company and team goals.
● Participate in all product development activities from ideation to delivery as a “no ego” team member.
● Participate in software design, acting as an agent of change to provide out-of-the-box thinking.
● Collaborate with team members to break big problems into smaller ones and iterate for success.
● Engage in delivery of software via a continuously improving development process, creating a highly predictable software delivery machine.
● Lead with a positive mindset, can-do attitude, and extreme ownership over your work, inspiring accountability within the team.
● Provide training and mentorship, passionately developing the skills and talents of others.
● Help to attract top notch talent to join our existing team of experienced engineers.
● Be fearless in pushing outside your comfort zone, growing as a developer and human.
● Keep it as simple as possible and no simpler.
● 7+ years of experience developing commercial software.
● Solid Backend Capabilities: Experience with modern API frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and a solid foundation in REST best practices. Experience with GraphQL or Elixir/Phoenix is a big plus. Understanding of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token. A good sense for separation of concerns when integrating back-end and front-end functionality.
● Seasoned Engineering Chops: Have experience participating in the delivery of large-scale systems and making a tremendous impact, optimizing components for maximum re-use and performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
● Design Thinking Culture: Experience taking part in cross-functional design ideations that turn client tested prototypes into product, translating designs and wireframes into high quality code with a forensic attention to detail.
● Technology Passion: Possess a passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders.
● Continuous Improvement: A background of supporting a solid DevOps practice, including refactoring, thorough unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery. Familiarity with Git code versioning tools. Familiarity writing E2E tests with Cypress a plus.
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world and hands down one of the greatest places to work from anywhere. We accelerate the future of work beyond borders. Our Global Work Platform™ simplifies the employer and employee experience through cloud-based workforce management technology, personalized expertise, and unmatched scale.
As the largest global Employer of Record (EOR) and Professional Employer Organization (PEO) in 185 countries and all 50 United States, more than 1,000 brands rely on Velocity Global to build global teams without the cost or complexity of setting up foreign legal entities or state registrations. The company offers additional services including Independent Contractor Compliance to assess a workforce, and Agent of Record (AoR) to streamline payments to contractors. Velocity Global was named a “Leader” in Global Employer of Record services by prominent analyst firm Nelson Hall. Founded in 2014, we have hundreds of employees across five continents.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative employees committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and enjoy your work, you should apply!
Velocity – Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
Integrity – Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
Be Bold – Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Empowerment – Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Service – Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
Velocity Global Careers Page
As a work anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at TalentAcquisition@VelocityGlobal.com.
START YOUR APPLICATION