We’re looking for a User Experience (UX) Researcher to join our Product Team. As our UX Researcher, you will not only lead complex research projects with our scientist users but also help determine the future of the craft within our organization. You will work with product managers, product designers, customer success, developers, and scientists to ensure we are delivering valuable, user-friendly, and delightful products.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US & the UK for this position.
- Lead complex research at scale employing diverse research methodologies (such as interviews, surveys, and usability testing) and appropriate analysis methods
- Use your research expertise to uncover novel insights about BenchSci’s users – research scientists in preclinical drug discovery
- Help shape the definition of products and features, playing an essential role early in the discovery process by uncovering, synthesizing, and communicating applicable insights
- Build the infrastructure to democratize the generation and sharing of research insights across our different teams involved in BenchSci’s product development and commercialization
- Work with and share research findings to key stakeholders in Product Design, Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering, Marketing, and Science
- Increase the volume of valuable user insights across the organization
- Identify opportunities for BenchSci to more effectively use UX research to achieve its business objectives
- Work with ease in an agile environment, supporting multiple teams and products in their research efforts
- 2+ years of experience working as a user experience researcher, ideally on products with complex subject matter
- S./B.A. in a relevant field (or relevant practical experience)
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Prepare projects unaided, organizing users, stakeholders, and teams to bring together efficient research
- Synthesis of information – Can solely operate on large-scale projects, producing applicable insights
- Experience promoting User Research within a growing organization
Benefits and Perks:
- An engaging remote-first culture
- A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
- 15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
- Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
- A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
- A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
- A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
- *Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.