At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic’s products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We recently joined forces with a new team, Elastic Code Search and we are now looking to bring on board an experienced UI Designer to join our globally distributed team.
What is Elastic Code Search?
Elastic Code Search is a IDE-like semantic code search solution built on top of the Elastic Stack. It helps development teams to search, navigate and collaborate on large code bases more efficiently. Known previously as insight.io, the product has been used and loved by tens of thousands of developers and received 5 star review on chrome store. You will be a founding member of Elastic Code Search team and a shaper of the Elastic Code Search product.
What You’ll be Doing:
In this role, you will spearhead the product design initiatives for Elastic Code Search. We will look to you for expertise related to product designs, prototypes and UX flows for the Code Search / UI team. You will maintain our Sketch library and keep parity once your designs are coded, provide design recommendations and support through code review for the team, and supply iconography and illustration work as needed in your design. All while doing so with the full support of a leadership team who knows the importance of design.
You will be given the freedom and autonomy to create beautiful work in an environment of your choice, working fully remotely with an international team of world-class Engineers and Designers. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a huge impact on the inception and evolution of Elastic Code Search while also being a part of shaping the future of how Product Design works at Elastic, this could be your dream job! This requires not only a level of creativity and ingenuity but also the hunger and grit to roll your sleeves up and build something extraordinary.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
What You’ve Done:
- 5+ years of design experience working on complicated web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with Sketch, specifically in the context of developing a design system.
- Facility with thinking in terms of systems, marked by an ability to make design decisions that scale and result in reusable patterns, palettes, and components.
- Considers how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- A positive attitude and a matching commitment to innovate.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- Experience building responsive and accessible designs.
- Experience in designing a developer facing product.
- Previous coding experience and experience with tools like IDE or GitHub.
- Deeply competitive pay and Stock options
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter 🙂
Target Locations: Beijing, China; London, United Kingdom; Barcelona, Spain; Toronto, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; New York City, NY; Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Atlanta, GA
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.