The Remote Year Travel team owns all program travel across all Remote Year groups and as a registered Travel Agency, offers travel sales to all Remotes(customers), Citizens and staff. Our goal is to support amazing humans who wish to travel, live, and work remotely in different cities around the world.
The Travel Planner’s primary responsibility is to serve as a point of contact for Remotes, find great deals, and book them.
This role is remote and will involve regular weekend work. Early Europe or Asia timezone working hours are preferred.
- Respond efficiently and thoughtfully to customer inquiries regarding travel, engaging in emails, Slack messages, and calls if necessary to offer assistance and find solutions, with the goal of securing the booking and receiving the appropriate commitment payment
- Accurately execute and track all requests through to booking
- Report on travel sales and suggest ways to actively grow this element of our business
- Assist in pre-travel arrangements for program travel, including flight check-ins and seat selection
- Help support the programs over Transition weekend (1x per month, monitoring flights and handling issues as they arise)
- Assist with travel bookings for other staff
- Build crazy good relationships via the magic of the interwebs
- A background in one or more of the following: travel industry or customer service
- Organization skills – excellent time management skills, ability to multitask
- Communications skills – ability to handle multiple, constant communication channels; ability to effectively communicate with program teams and with customers directly
- Data skills – amazing attention to detail and confidence in dealing with large amounts of numerical and non-numerical data
- Excel / Google Sheets – high proficiency
- Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom – high proficiency
- Highly motivated and goal-driven
- Passion for travel and finding incredible deals
- Experience with a GDS (ideally Amadeus)
- Experience using Airtable
- Experience driving towards sales targets
- Experience with Freshdesk
- Remote work experience
About Remote Year
Remote Year brings together inspiring communities of 50-80 freelancers, entrepreneurs, and professionals for a year-long journey to work, travel, and live in 12 different cities throughout the world.
It has become clear that with ubiquitous connectivity, people no longer need to be physically together to get great work done. More companies are adding remote working options every day as they realize the benefits of opening their talent pool globally and getting better work results from happier employees. Millennials have shown that they prioritize experiences over ownership with the rapid rise of the sharing economy. Now unshackled from their permanent desks, they are ready to give up the permanence of a home for the excitement of life on the road. These two sweeping cultural shifts happening today, productivity moving to the cloud and the rise of the sharing economy, have culminated in Remote Year.
Remote Year is a group of interesting people traveling together while working remotely.
Over 25k people applied for the inaugural year's 75 spots, which started on June 1, 2015 in Prague. Remotes will travel together on a journey, living in 12 different cities throughout Europe, Asia and South America for one month each. Throughout the year, they will continue progressing both personally and professionally while working in the communal workspace with diverse participants from 12 different countries as well as exploring the local community through cultural tours, speaking events and volunteer opportunities.