We’re seeking a versatile, talented teacher/writer to join our team on a contract basis as we create exercises, articles and videos for our world-class test prep product, which we offer for free, to everyone, everywhere. By making quality free resources available to all learners as they prepare for the SAT and other tests, we hope to make the paths to college, graduate school, and careers more open to those who might not have had such access in the past.
We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis on February 1.
- Work together with Khan Academy’s Test Prep Content team to source materials, write questions, create exercises, articles and videos that illustrate and teach skills, tips and strategies for the SAT and other tests
- Ensure content is high quality by working with students and teachers, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Adapt existing content to Khan Academy’s platform for use in our test prep product
- Exceptional command of the content covered by the SAT (you would earn a top score if you took the test tomorrow)
- Experience teaching SAT prep, independently or for an agency
- Intuition for how students like to learn, as well as insight into common misconceptions
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills: strong grammar, syntax, proofreading and copy-editing
- Experience creating SAT prep content such as study sheets, handouts, questions or articles.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- Preferred: Experience creating instructional videos
- Location: Remote, with possible week-long visits to the company headquarters in Mountain View, CA on a quarterly basis.
- Full time preferred; workday timing is flexible;
- Salary commensurate with experience
- You’ll need US, Canadian, Australian, or Mexican citizenship, US Residency, or other authorization to work in the US
- Please submit a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications and interest
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a non‐profit with a mission of providing a free world‐class education for anyone, anywhere. Our free online educational resources include practice problems, instructional lessons, and learning tools to support personalized education for users of all ages.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
We believe a few great people can make a big difference. If you're one of 'em, check out the opportunities we have available across the team, and apply below. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.