test IO helps software teams ship high quality software faster.
As a global leader in software crowdtesting, we enable fast moving software development teams with a platform for on-demand QA testing throughout the entire development cycle. Test setup takes just minutes, and we dynamically allocate human testers in real-world conditions to fit your specific testing needs. No more QA bottlenecks at the end of your sprints — test IO makes software teams both faster, and more flexible.
Our community of tens of thousands of professional QA testers ensures on-demand availability when you need testing, and guarantees coverage across all the devices, operating systems, regions and languages that matter to you. Test results are delivered in as little as an hour within the development tools you already have in place, or via web app.
Founded in Berlin in 2011, test IO is headquartered in San Francisco, and is the trusted testing partner of leading companies such as Lonely Planet, Thumbtack, Headspace & Carnival Cruise Lines.
About this Role
You’ll be working as a freelance tester using your own device (mobile, laptop, tablet, etc.), with opportunities to participate in test runs at your own discretion. You don’t need to have experience in software QA (though you’ll get up to speed faster if you do), but you’ll need to stick with it if you’ve never done it before. If you haven’t tested before, here are some key success factors:
● You read instructions and understand them. If the instructions say that something is out of scope and you test it, you’re wasting your own time.
● You communicate precisely in English. Bug reporting is a particular form of communication that demands precision, concise wording, and logical ordering.
● You are curious. The best testers aren’t robots who follow a script. They like things that seem mysterious. They deviate from the “happy path”. They like to experiment with apps.
● You spot patterns. Similar bugs occur in unrelated software systems, so being able to sense patterns is very helpful.
● You know how to walk the fine line of being inquisitive, but not over-the-top. QA is about exploring the limits — not pushing them.
When you start as a tester at test IO, you’ll get coaching from team leaders, then participate in test cycles with more experienced testers. You’ll get the opportunity to see the kinds of issues they find and how they find them, so you’ll be able to learn as you go along.
Apply For This Position: https://hello.test.io/workfromhome/