Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for a Technical Writer who is customer obsessed, like us. You’re passionate about solving customer needs with clear documentation. You’ll help unlock the potential of Mattermost software for thousands of companies around the world through clear, effective, customer-centric documentation and guides. Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers here: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html.
Why this role is different:
- You’ll be building out vital materials for our customers, ranging from end-user documentation to best practice and educational content for some of the largest enterprise deployments.
- On a daily basis, you’ll see your work used and appreciated by a global community.
- Your documentation helps unlock the potential of Mattermost software for thousands of companies around the world through clear, effective, customer-centric documentation and guides.
- Translate high-level instructions from developers or demonstrations into concise, clear, step-by-step documentation.
- Work with developers and product managers to clearly document instructions, guides, overviews, and explanatory material.
- Support users and customers by FAQs, knowledge-base articles, and mini-articles.
- Work effectively with both core team members and the open source community in developing documentation.
- 5+ years of experience documenting software products for developers and enterprise audiences.
- 2+ years of experience working with developers and provided code samples to write and test installation and feature documentation.
- Proven record of deploying technical writing best practices, frameworks, and guidelines for the rest of the organization.
- Ability to write in a voice that is concise, clear, and easy-to-translate (a large portion of our community is international).
- Ability to speak simply about ideas others may find complex.
- Comfort working remotely with the ability to take occasional video conference meetings between 8:30am to 2pm California time (UTC-08) or 11:30am to 5pm Toronto time (UTC-05).
- Embraces Mattermost leadership principles.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada – Chile – Finland – Georgia – Germany – India – Mauritius – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!