Twilio’s Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners. As a founding member of our live chat team, you will focus on providing friendly, professional customer service to everyone who chooses to chat with us while fine-tuning our processes to ensure we are consistently exceeding customer expectations. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers and support personnel to guide them through the products and services Twilio provides with tremendous business impact.
About the job:
- Help answer questions and resolve issues from customers via live chat.
- Multi-task between several different customer conversations, while simultaneously using resources such as the website and internal knowledge base to answer customer inquiries.
- Perform fine-tuning of Chat operational processes and materials to facilitate value growth for the customer and increased customer satisfaction scores.
- Follow up on some live chat sessions via email as well as managing email communications with other twilio customers as a tier 1 for billing, account administration, and other Twilio-related questions.
- Work in a fast paced, high volume, changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- Strong problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Conversational, patient and empathetic, with a positive attitude and great ethics
- People person, with a huge desire to help others succeed.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- Previous experience in live chat support strongly preferred
- Previous exposure to Twilio products a great plus
- Coding experience in any language.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco or remote. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.