Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager focused on driving complex, multi-disciplinary projects within the Infrastructure group. Infrastructure is responsible for the technical backbone of Medium including microservices, data engineering, and site reliability. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your program management skills in an environment that prioritizes mutual trust and respect.
What Will You Do?
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for scoping, planning, and delivering Infrastructure group projects. This includes gathering requirements, managing schedules, and communicating clearly with stakeholders. We have a strong focus on optimizing and evolving processes, using Scrum to structure our work, and elevating efficiency through tools. This role will require collaborating with engineering teams, product owners, and other functions to deliver high-impact outcomes.
Who Are You?
- 5+ years of experience in technical project/program
- Strongverbal, written, and presentation
- Experiencewith Agile
- Deliveredtechnology programs end-to-end from inception to
- Experienceoperating autonomously across multiple teams and demonstrating thought
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Practicalunderstanding of cloud infrastructure components, such as containers, public cloud, and databases.
We’d particularly love it if:
- Certified Scrum Master or other Agile leader
- Experiencewith full stack technologies and principles (e.g. REST, React, js, Kubernetes).
- Managed large-scale technical
- Experiencewith product teams and understanding prioritization, strategy, and product MVP.
This role can be in San Francisco, New York, Nashville, or Remote.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.