We’re looking for a Research Lead to grow our team and help others to drive measurable impact through research. The Support Research team amplifies the voices of our merchants throughout the organization by using a variety of different research methods to unearth insights about our products and services. We collaborate and work on complex problems with other research teams to advocate for our merchants’ needs.
Our team is in the Knowledge Management organization, which means you’ll also collaborate across the Knowledge Management (KM) leadership team to identify ways to improve the merchant experience through our KM initiatives. The KM team works to improve the overall service experience for our merchants, partners, and internal clients, by inspiring confidence, earning trust, connecting people, and delivering the knowledge they need, when they need it.
As a Research Lead, you’ll focus on many things including, but not limited to: supporting and developing your direct reports, building the support research function, and working with other leads in the KM organization to plan and provide updates on projects and key initiatives. This is a fast-paced environment where you and your team will be challenged to stay ahead of the curve by applying your experience and training to novel ideas.
Success in the role will require:
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things – Shopify changes fast, and we need our people to be able to change and learn fast, too.
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and think on your feet.
- An ability to drive change through strategic collaborations.
- An entrepreneurial mindset – you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, being resourceful and getting shit done.
- Leading, managing, and coaching a team with diverse levels of experience and craft.
- Leading and managing a team requiring a high touch and level of care.
- A strong background in research (academic, educational, market etc).
- Employing multidisciplinary research methods, including any of these: operations research & process improvement, implementation science, service design, customer experience, consumer behaviour, change management, speech analytics.
- Working with cross-functional teams including data scientists, marketing researchers, product managers, and operations folks.
- High empathy and emotional intelligence.
- A service delivery or support function preferably in a software development company.
- Running or taking part in a Customer Experience research team
- SQL, R or Python
- Data visualization
- Project management
How to Apply:
To apply to this role, click on the “Apply Now” button. Please tell us why you would love to work for Shopify in this position and address your cover letter to Andrew. Be sure to fill out the application on the next page, attach an up to date copy of your resume, and answer our application questions before you click ‘submit’ 😉
Closing date: September 11, 2020 at 6pm EST – Please note: We aim to get back to all candidates within a week after the closing date.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.