Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? Do you consider information to be a powerful and essential element of a user’s experience? If so, joining Atlassian’s Content Design team might be for you! We’re hiring a content designer to join our Trello team.
At Atlassian, we look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We believe content has a unique role to play throughout that journey by building direct relationships with customers.
In other words, this isn’t a traditional UX writing role.
As part of the Atlassian design team, you will:
- Help refine and define Trello’s unique product voice and personality, establishing guidelines and best practices and implementing them.
- Work closely with the design, PM, and marketing teams to understand the purpose of features and how best to explain them.
- Deliver effective UX writing and content for Trello on time and with quality against an agile and frequent product release schedule.
More about you
- This job is for someone who thinks bigger than traditional UX or marketing writing. You can explain complex features within tiny amounts of product real estate and communicate value in a compelling, clear, and effective way.
- Beyond just the work you do, you love to work in close-knit teams and enjoy contributing to the overall customer journey.
- You’re an experienced UX writer who can think like a marketer while delivering clear, concise communications.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing skills
- A love for user content and UX
- Experience working with marketing, program managers, and designers
- Great stakeholder management skills
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast paced environment
- An understanding of how content drives business goals
- 5+ years of professional UX writing/content design experience
And ideally, we’d hope you have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience using design thinking and design processes (critique, user journeys, personas) to improve or validate your work
- Experience in developing or contributing to product style or voice guidelines
- Consumer and enterprise content experience
More about our team
Content Designers at Atlassian help design the entire user journey by championing the Atlassian voice and setting the right tone. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to tell consistent stories and craft great customer experiences.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who’s who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.