Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an innovative, results-focused Solution Architect to be both the technical face for Mattermost’s products and services for transactional and strategic sales, and a trusted technical advisor to our customers, partners, and prospects. In this role, you will understand and proactively propose solutions using Mattermost technologies, and will drive progress towards successful sales in concert with Account Executives. This role works closely with sales, customer success, product, engineering, support, and additional functions.
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Map customer requirements to current and future Mattermost offerings
- Showcase technical demo skills or similar
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Effectively communicate with other lines of business including marketing, product, customer success, and engineering
- Contribute to cross-functional, company focused activities including technical marketing, speaking at events, blogging, updating documentation based on customer feedback, recording demos, etc.
- An entrepreneur at heart who has startup experience and loves being in the middle of building great companies
- An organized, independent, self-motivated technical pre-sales professional with a minimum of three years of experience with the entire sales lifecycle from inception through evaluation, negotiation, onboarding, and ongoing customer success
- A proven track record of being a hands-on, technical, problem solver with an ability to switch context quickly throughout the day to balance numerous competing demands
- A storyteller and capable communicator when it comes to articulating business value and demonstrating products
- Confident working both one-on-one with customers and in tackling public speaking engagements
- Experienced at gathering and understanding customer business requirements and recommending best practices
- Experienced with the full software development life cycle with particular emphasis on a strong background in DevOps
- Comfortable working in Linux environments to install and troubleshoot applications and databases (are you a vi, Vim, or Nano person?)
- Familiar with deploying applications within at least one of the following: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine
- Passionate about open source
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia – Brazil – Canada – Chile – Finland – Georgia – Germany – Greece – India – Ireland – Mauritius – Mexico – Pakistan – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – Uganda – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!