At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet — a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
Medium is growing its curation team. We are looking for a Curator who knows quality writing when they see it and has specialized knowledge of programming and software engineering to curate those topics.
Medium curators read posts written by thousands of writers and use our curation standards to select the best posts to distribute on our topic pages and other channels. A keen discernment of quality is key (which is where your specialized experience comes in), but so is efficiency.
What will you do?
- Accept or reject those stories based on the curation standards and your editorial judgment
- Classify accepted posts into topics
- Flag the highest-quality posts and writers to our editorial team
- Flag rules violations to the Trust & Safety team
- Advise Curation Manager on topic creation and organization
- Coordinate with the Curation Manager and the curation team via Slack
Who are you?
- You have substantial experience in the topics of programming and software engineering
- You intuitively understand what makes a high-quality Medium post about these topics and what doesn’t
- You are a curious reader with excellent taste and judgment
- You’re a straightforward and effective communicator
- You’re comfortable working remotely/independently and can adapt quickly to change
This is a remote, contract position.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.