The Developer Acceleration team builds software and systems to help Shopify quickly ship high-quality code. We increase productivity through tools, code libraries, and shared context, all of which are increasingly important as Shopify’s development team grows to 1000+ to support 800,000+ merchants. Our work spans many technologies, including systems-level and web development, as well as the entire development lifecycle, from development to testing to deployment and release.
We are looking for people managers to grow and lead several teams of software engineers in Developer Acceleration. Ideally you have been a developer at some point in your career and have had experience working with tooling, automation, or infrastructure teams.
Our culture embraces collaboration and contribution back to the industry. Check out some of our open-source repositories (Shipit, kubernetes-deploy, quilt), conference talks (How We Deploy Shopify, Orchestrating Mobile App Releases, Tracking Service Infrastructure at Scale), and blog posts (Scaling iOS CI with Anka, Bootsnap: Optimizing Ruby App Boot Time, Living on the Edge of Rails).
You’ll need to have:
- Technical leadership and management experience
- The ability to create concrete and focused project plans
- Experience executing on complex, technical projects
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Experience with tools and systems geared towards developers, such as test automation, development tools and environments, and/or deployment
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience managing distributed teams
You’ll be working on:
- Building a productive and engaged team
- Improving the efficiency of web development at Shopify
- Defining the team’s vision and road maps
- Technical contributions to the team through code and design reviews, hands-on development, and mentorship
Closing date: October 9th at 3pm EDT
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.