Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we’re looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
About the Money Movement Domain:
The Money Movement Domain at Wealthsimple is responsible for making it fast, seamless, and easy to move money into, between, and out of Wealthsimple accounts.
We help clients manage their finances of over $5 billion; enabling them to fund, withdraw and move money in their accounts seamlessly – most often we do this with no human intervention and in hours not days! To accomplish this, we’ve built industry-leading technology focused on automation and integrate various third-party technologies to move money in, out and between accounts. We’re highly data-backed, leveraging our insights to look at making our experiences faster, more resilient and client friendly.
It takes a lot of well-crafted technology to accomplish this at scale. As our clients and product offerings grow, we need talented engineers who can help us architect a robust platform. People that are excited about the opportunity to reduce complexity, can help set the vision and standards for others in the company, and can build impactful software at scale. We are moving to a world of Domain Driven Design and have an opportunity to redraw system boundaries and make changes that will affect the entire product suite going forward!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a team that is helping clients easily move their funds, totalling over $5 billion
- Help architect the next stage of Wealthsimple’s systems
- Set organizational standards on patterns and library usage
- Lead development and maintenance of backend services and improve their operations
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is naturally curious. You love to tackle and solve complex problems but if something seems off or you’re stuck, you’re driven to work with others to find possible solutions
- Is a lifelong learner. You’re constantly seeking and welcoming feedback to continue improving yourself and your craft
- Believes that debate, inclusivity and transparency result in better products
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and copes effectively with complexity and change
- Is able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it
- Does not overlook important details that might derail a project
- Is eager to teach and learn from your team. We value making each other successful!
Skills we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the following languages: Ruby on Rails or Java/Kotlin (a willingness to learn more is a bonus!)
- Knowledge of agile development process
- Demonstrated experience with microservices and distributed systems at scale
- Proven track record of delivering well-designed and tested software
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and architecture best practices
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life’s best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.