Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) is located in Scottsdale, AZ. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression. Within Fender Global Research & Development, we are focused on building products that resonate with our customers and drive the spirit of serving players at every stage.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Music Application. You will have the opportunity to learn from existing products, but also help to chart the course for future technology-based amplifiers. The candidate needs to be a self-starter, with a proven ability to continuously learn on their own.
About the Job:
- Provide coding and support for our Fender Tone apps and new apps on both mobile and desktop platforms
- Review pull-requests from internal and external teams
- Collaborate on and maintain team coding standards and architectural practices
- Support and improve existing applications using C++, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin and core libraries
- Partner with Embedded and Hardware team to design and integrate new APIs
- Ship new applications and updates in collaboration with product, marketing and executive teams
- Lead by example, foster an innovative, collaborative and fun working relationship with others and believe strongly in refining your craft on a daily basis
What you Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in CE/CSE, CS, EE preferred
- 3+ years of experience in C++ for commercial software development
- Track record of developing apps with excellent UX
- Experience working with platform teams writing or using SDKs and working with REST APIs
- Experience writing performant, multithreaded asynchronous code, especially network bound
- Worked on collaborative engineering projects (continually integrated, tested and deployed)
- Writes testable and test covered code
- Experience with USB, WIFI, and Bluetooth communications
- Experience with audio plugin formats
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a cross functional team
- Prior experience with audio and music technology
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Experience using CMake
- Experience with JUCE and/or Qt frameworks
- Experience working on IoT products
- Professional Java, Objective-C or Swift experience
- Experience in music or audio preferred
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.