CareMessage is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build and maintain our a large, highly scalable, cloud-based web platform that streamlines care management and delivers interactive mobile programs to improve health outcomes. You’ll be working on exciting projects like leading automation of our infrastructure, and creating a highly scalable and fault-tolerant platform. Our engineering team follows agile principles in a test driven development process. We are a remote first team that values open collaboration and shared ownership.
- Build and secure our multi-tenant environments: in software, process, and infrastructure
- Automate and deploy a self-scaling redundant infrastructure
- Create back-up mechanisms for production environments and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Consult with engineering teams and assist them in using our services and solutions
- 4+ years of professional experience in Linux system administration and experience administering Linux in a virtualization environment
- 2+ years of professional experience with one or more development languages: Shell Scripting, Ruby, Go, and Elixir
- 1+ years of professional experience with software containers such as Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience administering PostgreSQL, HAProxy, Nginx and Redis.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS etc.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation
Desired, but not required
- Experience with security tools such as IDS, WAF, Vulnerability Scanning
- Experience with centralized logging and monitoring solutions, such as GrayLog, LogStash, Grafana, Monit, Nagios, etc
- Access Management experience
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and enterprise level application development
CareMessage is a high-growth startup using our mobile SaaS platform to improve the health and wellness of millions of underserved patients.
When you think about big opportunities in healthcare IT, few people will argue that chronic disease prevention and management are ripe for disruption and a massive opportunity. The number of affected lives is mind-numbingly large, and the dollars are too.
This is particularly true for patients that are low income and underserved. In fact, being low income is a significant predictor of low health literacy and poor self-management skills, with patients below the poverty level constituting 43% of the health illiterate and a majority of the poorly managed.
With the implementation of the state and federal exchanges and an influx of individuals through the expansion of Medicaid into the health care ecosystem, payers and providers are struggling to serve this increase in low to modest income population with limited resources. This necessitates innovative approaches to facilitate health care delivery and promote self-management in light of increasing demand for healthcare services.
In order to succeed in solving this massive problem, you have to be highly innovative, highly available, and uniquely tailored to the key use cases of the complex healthcare industry. It takes years of intense focus, strong financial backing, and a great product in order to deliver a winning solution. We believe CareMessage (www.caremessage.org) has done all of these things and is positioned to be a breakout company in this exciting category.
CareMessage is a unique, fast growth (1,000%+ CAGR) SaaS not-for-profit health technology company dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations in the United States (and some day, globally). CareMessage’s technology acts as a bridge between the patient/caregiver and the healthcare organization, typically a hospital, clinic or health plan. For the healthcare organization, CareMessage’s cloud-based dashboard enables staff members to automate various kinds of interventions for individual and groups of patients. The patient/caregiver receives targeted alerts, reminders and notifications through text and voice messaging.
Over the last year, the Company has been tripled in size, quadrupled its total customer base and achieved significant revenue growth (including partnering with some of the largest health systems and health plans in the country). This is exciting times at CareMessage as we embark on the journey to make a huge impact with unprecedented growth.
The Company employs ~30 people and is based in San Francisco, CA.