GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and strives to be the best platform for all developers, whether or not you are working on open source software or for the world’s largest enterprises. We’re looking for a software engineer to join a passionate, collaborative, and distributed group of engineers on our team.
The Enterprise Admin Experiences team builds and maintains features that enable our largest customers to have a seamless experience managing how they and their teams use GitHub. Wherever they use it. Join us if you are excited about building great experiences for products at a global scale.
A day in the life of a Software Engineer
Our team is highly distributed. You should thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication and know the right times for when to call synchronous meetings. We expect you to have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers with different skills in locations around the globe.
- Collaborating with engineering, design, product management, and support to understand the problems we want to solve and how best to solve them
- Discussing and collaboratively solving problems with your team in Slack, on Zoom, or over GitHub
- Writing, testing, and building code, and opening pull requests to get feedback on building important features or fixing critical bug
- Reviewing your teammates’ and other GitHub engineers’ pull requests, providing helpful feedback
- Triage, reproduce, and debug support requests, bugs, and performance problems to ensure we’re continually providing the best experiences
- Working with your team to understand the various platforms that our customers use for GitHub, whether on cloud or self-hosted environments, and strive to build the best solutions tailored to each individual problem
- Learning from our users to understand what they love and what challenges and pain points they are facing
- Implement technical solutions that scale across multiple GitHub applications and deployment environments
- Collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks
- Help drive conversations around technical issues and opportunities
- Review code and participate in group discussions
- Document the systems you help build
- Help evaluate and improve the scalability and performance of the product
- Work with Product and Design teams to build new features
- 2+ years as a full-time professional developer
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with relational databases
- Ability to work and empathize with a wide range of teammates
- Remote work experience
- Experience building web applications with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience building, operating, and maintaining scalable distributed systems
- Knowledge of profiling, monitoring, and alerting tools
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.