Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail) , Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Head of Instruction. As the .NET Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market. Additionally, you’ll be expected to actively contribute to and improve upon the existing curriculum in conjunction with the Program Director.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon .NET course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon mini-bootcamp curriculum that prepares applicants for the course
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
- Coordinate efforts with the course project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms so the PMs can effectively support students’ learning
- Collaborate with other .NET instructors, the student success team, and labs team as needed
- Accountable for course completion rates
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with .NET
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
- Familiarity with Jira or Pivotal Tracker, Jenkins or Concourse
- Comfortable teaching C#, MVC Frameworks, WebAPI, Entity Framework, Nunit, NuGet
Big plus, if you….
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have a interest in keeping up with the latest in .NET technology
- have prior start up experience
- have prior experience working remotely
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits. We aim to find the right candidate and make an offer in mid-November. Anticipated start date December 2018 or January 2019 depending on the candidate.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.