Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) (www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith’s National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company’s state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith’s Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
The FanSided network features more than 300 websites covering a variety of sports, entertainment and lifestyle topics. Launched in 2009, FanSided is one of the industry’s fastest growing digital content networks and includes sites dedicated to every major professional sports team, all of the nation’s top college athletic programs, popular TV shows, movies and other celebrated sports, culture, tech and entertainment categories.
FanSided is seeking a self-driven, high-energy Social Media Specialist to join one of the fastest growing sports, entertainment, and lifestyle networks on the Internet. The Social Media Specialist position is a remote-optional position, with candidates in Chicago or Phoenix having the ability to work from the FanSided office.
- Further develop the voice of FanSided on multiple social networks, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Monitor trending topics around the world of sports and entertainment, sharing both original and curated content intended to spark engagement and further the conversation
- Create original graphics engineered to increase social engagement
- Work with other departments (editorial, design, product, e-Commerce) to plan and execute social media strategies, both on a day-to-day basis and surrounding tentpole events
- Continue to build a tight-knit community spanning the FanSided Network and partner sites
- Be available during off hours (nights/weekends), ready to take advantage of breaking news
- Use analytics and user feedback to further hone strategy and provide content our audience best responds to
- Proven social media prowess
- Wide-ranging knowledge of sports and entertainment topics
- Functional graphic design ability (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Excellent organization, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior multitasking skills