The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation believes that the Internet must always remain a global public resource that is open and accessible to all.
Our work focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
We are seeking a Social Media Specialist who is passionate about a healthy Internet. You are eager to drive our social media strategy across multiple channels in order meet our core organizational objectives. You will report to the Director, Issue Marketing.
You will be motivated to work with colleagues across many teams within our diverse and exciting organization in order to build an engaging social media presence that strengthens our position as a leader of the Internet Health movement. You are driven to track new industry trends and design new approaches in keeping with the Mozilla brand. You have extraordinary writing skills in digital platforms.
- You will draft, publish and craft relevant content daily with the goal of growing our audience and the number of actions taken on Internet Health issues
- Develop and maintain social media editorial calendar, informed by the organizational calendar, key dates/milestones, etc.
- Develop creative strategies to reach target audiences
- Monitor and analyze online content and conversations around Mozilla’s key issues to identify real-time engagement and advocacy opportunities
- Track, report and interpret social media analytics to provide recommendations for additional strategies & tactics
- Collaborate with Marketing, Communications, Campaign, Brand, Insights and Technical teams within Mozilla
- Deploys paid social media strategies as needed to meet our organizational goals
- Researches social media trends and strategies to assess applicability for Mozilla
- You have substantial experience with social media platforms and strategies that have resulted in increased followers, engagement levels and shares
- Track record of writing for an online audience at a professional level
- Validated ability to work across multiple teams to achieve specific organizational outcomes
- Experience working in non-profit environment preferred.
- You have one to three years of experience in similar position
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Cultural competence required to tailor content to global audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Mozilla Foundation can hire in the jurisdictions of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Mozilla is a thriving global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working collaboratively and openly to keep the Internet alive and accessible for all.
When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every day. Join our team today and together we’ll make a better Web for tomorrow.
We’re a global community of users, contributors and developers working to keep the power of the Web in people’s hands. The collaborative efforts of Mozillians around the world drive forward the principles and aims of the Mozilla Manifesto.
• More than 1,000 volunteers contribute code to Firefox
• 400,000 people contribute to Mozilla through our project tracking system Bugzilla
• SUMO, Mozilla’s community-powered support site, helps an average of 10,000 Firefox users per week
• Students from more than 600 institutions in 57 countries spread Firefox as Mozilla Campus Representatives
Fast Facts about Mozilla:
• Half a billion people around the world use Firefox
• Firefox is free and open source software, with approximately 40% of its code written by volunteers
• Firefox is available in 89 languages
• More than 50% of global Firefox users use non-English versions
• Offices include: Auckland, Beijing, London, Mountain View, Paris, San Francisco, Portland, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Vancouver