At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We’re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment
We will be accepting applications for this position through November 15, end of day.
We are looking for a Senior UX Writer with experience creating plain language, user-centered products. The Sr. UX Writer will be a co-equal partner on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to create an excellent experience for teams building on VA.gov. The Sr. UX Writer will work with our government partners and cross-disciplinary delivery teams to help people understand and follow requirements and best practices for building user-centered applications and services.
The Sr. UX Writer will produce content for the VA.gov platform that documents things like work practices, rules of engagement, and processes for building Veteran-facing digital tools and services on VA.gov. The Sr. UX Writer will also advise on content for Veteran-facing tools. The Sr. UX Writer will also be responsible for conducting user research and testing on the content and documentation they produce. They are responsible for:
- Writing content for the VA.gov platform
- Creating feedback loops and venues for conducting user research on content and documentation
- Writing research plans
- Writing conversation guides
- Facilitating research sessions
- Synthesizing and sharing findings
- Partnering with other content strategists and information architects to own the documentation that supports the VA.gov platform, including its organization and navigation
- Writing and editing support for teams working building Veteran-facing services
- Editing for plain language, consistency, and understandability
What You Need For This Position:
- Minimum 3 years (or significant accomplishments) experience creating content related to design, UX research, service design, or design operations.
- Capable of operating at both a tactical and strategic level: equal parts “doer” and big-picture thinker, in order to help us develop compelling content that supports a broader narrative
- Self-directed, able to prioritize and manage work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional people, writing, and communication skills, with openness to ideas and feedback from others
- 1-2 samples of writing between 350-500 words. Sample should be technical writing or documentation of a process or on the topic of a design-related product or service
- Ability to work remotely
- General understanding of product management, design, engineering, and user research, and how they interact
Nice to have:
- Experience in UX research, design, or both.
Where You Will Be Working:
This role is remote-friendly; there may be some travel.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.