Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who will help us build world class experiences for our cloud-first messaging solutions.
Our ideal candidate is a strong, multi-disciplined designer with an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality responsive interfaces across multiple platforms. Every day, you’ll work with product managers, developers, and members of our open source community to create intuitive and engaging user experiences.
If you’re someone who loves fast-paced, high impact work, then you’d be a great fit for our team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design and user experience of our product with a focus on our cloud product tiers
- Establish detailed usability and design guidelines for product development based on industry best practices and competitive benchmarking
- Create and maintain a library of design and interface resources for use by product teams
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, customers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and understand usability concerns and areas for improvement
- Produce designs of various fidelity depending on needs, ranging from sketching to mockups and prototypes
- Plan and conduct user research and usability tests, documenting, communicating, and acting upon the results
- Build relationships across product lines and functional groups to raise the standard for good design across the company
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience and visual design in the software industry with a strong focus on responsive design for cloud-first desktop/browser applications
- Strong background in interaction design, with the ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind design decisions
- Strong visual design sense and an impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Embody our company values:https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles
This is a remote role, working with Product Managers, Developers, and Designers who are also remote. There may be travel 2-3 times per year for team meet ups.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus – Canada – Finland – Georgia – Germany – India – Mauritius – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!