We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team and help us make Glitch the best place to discover and create apps anywhere on the web.
Embedded within the design team, you’ll work across the org to help users understand what Glitch is, try coding, and learn about the open culture of the web. Your contributions will focus on iterating on product features and improving discoverability, onboarding, and other initiatives at Glitch. You will create, examine and test user journeys and flows to help us build an exceptional, human user experience in our code editor, community, and other properties. Your contributions will be vital to building an excellent UX practice at Glitch.
You’ll be joining a team of creators who all bring varied experiences and skills to their work. If you’d like to work on one of the web’s most standout brands at a tech company devoted to being ethical, and with some of the smartest and most talented people of your career, you’re in the right place! Our design team is growing and you will bolster our efforts with your commitment to thoughtful design practices and your willingness to work in a small team to make big things happen.
Glitch is committed to diversity and inclusion and we welcome your application whether you completely match our criteria below or not. Priority will be placed on your design portfolio (show us your thought process!), cover letter, and résumé in that order. We employ a humane interview process and strive to update you on the status of your application as quickly as possible. Our typical process takes about 3.5 hours of your time (not all at once), includes a walk-through of a project likely already in your portfolio, and includes no take-home exercises or on-the-spot quizzes. We want to get to know you, your work experience and how you think. Please apply, we’d love to chat!
- A portfolio demonstrating exemplary UX design. Show us your process: What problem/s did you solve? What solutions did you consider? How did you test and implement your ideas?
- 3+ years digital product design experience working with teams
- Proficiency with design and prototyping software
- Experience testing your ideas with user research and metrics
- A record of shipping complex digital products
- Experience working remotely with teams
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- Collaborative approach to design process
- A passion for the future of the web
- Enthusiasm for, and/or experience with, coding on the web
- Experience with animation/motion
- Fluency with UI and product design
- Great writing skills. Share a link to your blog!
Typical examples of what your work might look like:
- Working with a product team to improve discoverability and retention across Glitch products
- Ideating, prototyping, and testing new code editor features
- Designing effective onboarding paths
- Working with other designers and engineers to implement product improvements
Most importantly, we are looking for:
- People who care deeply about empowering others to create on the web, and who are thoughtful about how to serve a broad set of audiences
- Informed opinions on functional design, and a willingness to both take feedback and advocate for a human user experience
- An ability to balance respectful collaboration, both with colleagues on our team and with members of the Glitch community
- Self-initiated, driven designers who are comfortable taking on ownership and responsibility
- Designers who can confidently run with a project from zero to shipped
- A commitment to being part of a thoughtful, ethical and inclusive workplace
Our company is remote-first with about 50% of our staff fully remote. There is also a possibility to work out of our office in Lower Manhattan in NYC. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is $110,000 to $130,000 and we look at factors like your experience to determine our offer, which comes with a comprehensive benefits package. To see an overview of our benefits, please visit our Careers Page.