GitHub is changing the way the world builds software and we want you to help change the way we build GitHub! We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers working on planet-scale products.
Are you an experienced engineer with a strong desire to work on products that help other engineers get the most out of their day? Do you want to help engineering teams develop new capabilities by leveraging their data more effectively? If so, please join us!
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a small team of engineers working across the stack
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Work closely with application security teams to close potential abuse vectors before they are introduced into production
Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- At least five years building web applications in production
- Two+ years Ruby-on-Rails experience
- Experience with SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong collaboration ethic and experience — you have built and documented applications for optimal co-development and are well
- versed in collaboration tools and practices
- Strong communication skills — you speak and write clearly. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication
- Experience building applications in Go
- Experience building containerized applications with Docker/Kubernetes
- Data engineering experience
- Experience working remotely in a distributed company
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.