BenchSci’s vision is to bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We’re achieving it by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top-20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We’re a remote-first company recognized for our impact and culture as a Deloitte Tech Fast 50TM, CIX Top 10 Growth, Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked organization on Glassdoor. Learn more at www.benchsci.com.
We are currently looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing Web Applications team. Reporting to the Engineering Managers, Web Applications, you’ll work on complex projects, actively contribute to back-end and front-end initiatives, and grow along with other engineers as you develop solutions for our software as a service (SaaS) products that help scientists save time and increase their experiment quality.
- Implement new features and bug fixes as part of a larger cross-functional team of data engineers, product managers, designers, and scientists
- Work within your immediate team of 3-5 full-stack engineers to do technical investigations, solution designs, code implementation with automated tests, and code reviews
- Adhere to and improve our high standards of highly scalable and maintainable code
- Help set a high standard for exceptional engineers who are outcome-oriented and improve the team’s culture
- Be given an unmatched opportunity for accelerated growth and learn from a team of world-class engineers
- Provide troubleshooting analysis and resolution in a timely manner
- Work on projects involving some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Solve difficult problems and bring new perspectives to the team
- High comfort working with a Python/Django back-end and a React/Typescript front-end
- 4+ years of experience working as a professional full-stack developer
- A desire to continuously improve products, your work environment, and yourself
- A humble and ambitious eagerness to make a positive difference in the world with like-minded people
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
Benefits and Perks:
- An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
- A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
- Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
- A $2000 Annual Learning & Development budget
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
- Additional time-off: 2 weeks for Winter Holiday, every other Friday in July and August, your birthday, and more!
- A $1000 work from home allowance to make your home setup perfect for you
- An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
- A lifestyle spending account for employees to receive reimbursement for eligible expenses related to wellness, lifestyle and productivity.
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focus, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.