Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We’re the company behind some of Canada’s leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We’re looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the Data Engineering Team
- Wealthsimple’s data platform, including machine learning foundation, data reconciliation, analytics platform, etc.
- Data extract, transform and load process across products and analytics
- Enterprise data warehousing operations
We are seeking talented software engineers who are excited to shape out Wealthsimple’s data engineering foundation. We understand each software engineer working in data has a unique blend of skills so whether your strength is in data platform or data modelling or stream processing, we’d love to chat with you 🙂
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Establish roadmap and architecture for Wealthsimple’s next generation data platform
- Lead complex technical efforts involving many engineers regarding project impact, product quality and engineering efficiency
- Partner with stakeholders across different product domains, infrastructure, and leadership, driving resolving data related technical problems at scale
- Build and operate large-scale distributed systems such as Airflow, Flink, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Work with a large amount of autonomy to set the technical direction for scalable projects
Skills we’re looking for:
- Experience with one or more coding languages such as Java, Kotlin, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working with data at scale using distributed platforms such as Airflow, Flink, Kafka, Spark, or similar
- Experience with design and implementation of high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging