MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), the interactive and mobile company of Major League Baseball, is the developer of several award-winning products, apps and services. We are also the industry leader in the development and distribution of live streaming video events over multiple platforms.
We are looking to hire multiple software engineers to apply strong technical knowledge and ability to our world leading digital brand. Our software engineers are hands-on and gain professional gratification by having their efforts exposed to millions of users around the globe. Opportunities include the development of services, web applications, and APIs for the orchestration of our live streaming platform for MLB content as well as content for other partners. You will work closely with engineers across the technical organization, integrating your services and contributing heavily to the multimedia pipeline for building live and on demand video products. Software engineers can gain experience in a variety of technologies and platforms, and can transfer areas over the lifetime of their career.
These positions are located in San Francisco and Point Richmond, CA, New York City, and Remote.
- Contribute to a multimedia platform that involves video stream acquisition and generation of live video publishing for consumers around the world. This platform is used by major sport franchises and partners, including MLB, NHL, PGA, and WWE.
- Assist in development of technical requirements and architectural changes for onboarding additional partners, and work closely with media hardware specialists and operators for command and control specifications.
- Provide mentorship to other developers and advise and implement best engineering code practices and principles.
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- Play a DevOps role in both internal and cloud-based deployment environments.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building high-valued production software with Java/J2EE, Spring, REST, HTTP/HTTPS, AWS, Relational and NoSQL databases
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred, but not required:
- Service oriented Software Architecture
- Web service development, REST APIs, XML/JSON
- Open source java software including Spring and Apache projects
- Release management, continuous integration, Jenkins, Rundeck, Maven, Git/GitHub
- Experience in AWS environments
- Writing SQL queries or DB administration including Oracle or MySQL databases
- NoSQL solutions including Cassandra or Couchbase
- High load, highly scalable and distributed applications
- JMS, messaging and asynchronous processing design
- Angular, jQuery, Node.js including open source modules
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing benefits including – 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.