Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer who can contribute to our product. Our preferred stack is Python/Django and Java on the backend. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and get lots of ownership. We’re looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self driven.
- Deliver features in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the Airbase platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership.
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- At least 8 years experience developing web applications and backend services in a professional setting.
- You should have played a lead role in building, shipping and maintaining a non-trivial production service.
- Strong experience with Python / Django or the Java ecosystem.
- Must have an excellent understanding of how the web works.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- You’ve worked at a startup before.
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We’re a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.