GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
Microsoft and GitHub have teamed up to deliver Azure DevOps, the devops tool of choice for many of Microsoft’s biggest and most important customers. Our job is to continue to advance Azure DevOps while building a bridge to GitHub.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join the GitHub Azure DevOps team. The GitHub Azure DevOps team is responsible for Azure DevOps Repos, Boards, Pipelines, and platform, as well as integration between Azure DevOps and GitHub. You can learn more about Azure DevOps here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/devops/
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a full stack engineer with a distributed, diverse and a passionate team. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build and maintain customer-facing experiences and deliver them into the hands of millions of developers across the world.
- You will collaborate closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to build new features.
- As a technical leader on the team, you will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making.
- You will mentor, pair, participate in code reviews, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you.
- You will write, test, instrument, and maintain code primarily in C#, ASP.Net, HTML5, React, Typescript, Node, SASS, Azure, Jest, SQL, and many others.
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives.
- You will analyze how your features are performing in production to learn and make the product better.
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests.
- You will document the systems you help build.
- You will support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis.
- 5+ or more years of experience developing production software
- Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 2 years of working with OOP languages and patterns
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high quality software
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We are a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Experience designing, building and running large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems
- Experience with high scale SQL and general database knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers
- Experience working remotely on a software team
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.