Reports To: VP, Finance and Operations
Location: Remote; all applicants are welcome
Salary Range: The salary range for the role of Senior Program Manager is $80K-$110K for candidates based in SF, NYC or DC. The salary range will be adjusted based on cost of living data for folks who live in less expensive regions. Here’s why: we feel strongly that progressive organizations should optimize for a consistent standard of living for all employees.
Turnout2020 is a nonprofit organization founded by a small team of elections and technology experts (including the founders of Vote.org and Vote.gov), who have come together to combat the chaos of the 2020 election cycle by helping to drive record-shattering voter turnout. We will accomplish this via hyper-aggressive and targeted outreach to the millions of low and no-propensity voters who are generally neglected by partisan groups. This isn’t just empty rhetoric: collectively we’ve registered about 20 million voters and run GOTV to tens of millions more in our past roles. Now we’re scaling up.
What we’re looking for:
Turnout2020 is seeking a hands on detail oriented master of the moving pieces, controller of the sequencing, and execution champion to provide technical leadership, consultation, and expertise as well as day-to-day management of the Turnout2020 programs, program activities, and staff. The ideal candidate will be able to take direction, communicate it down effectively, and take timely action to drive program operations, results, and effect program strategic direction, scope, and related operational policies and procedures.
You’ll be working primarily with the VP of Finance and Operations and other Turnout2020 leaders to rapidly deploy, manage, and coordinate a set of programs to target and mobilize key communities of low-propensity voters in support of the Turnout2020 mission.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Rapid planning, development, and implementation of Turnout2020 programs.
- Monitoring and evaluating operational effectiveness and effecting changes required for improvement.
- Serving as a principal point of collaboration pertaining to the mission, goals, objectives, and scope of Turnout2020 programs.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates organization and staffing needs to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives of the program; recruits, employs, trains, and manages professional and support staff on both a professional and administrative basis.
- Provides advanced technical leadership and direction to program staff, volunteers, and organizers in accordance with program goals and objectives.
- Performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of Turnout2020 programs.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and makes recommendations for personnel actions to leadership.
- Other Turnout2020 projects as assigned.
You should meet several of the following minimum requirements:
- 5-7+ years of progressively responsible experience in program design, planning, and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, include a record of working successfully with a broad range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Program planning, development, implementation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees remotely, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment within a complex partnership/ remote organizational structure.
- Ability to foster a cooperative remote work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
Apply immediate if you have the following:
- Experience designing and executing a nationwide distributed SMS mobilization program.
- Experience designing, managing, and tracking a bilingual print media campaign.
- Experience designing and executing a successful direct mail PSA program.
- Prior political, campaign, or organizing experience strongly preferred.
Some of the benefits of working here:
- Short commute. We all work from home and it is just the best.
- Parent friendly policies. If you need to take 3-5pm off every day to get your kids from school and make after school snacks, we’re totally cool with that.
- Excellent medical coverage. Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous employer subsidies for dependent children.
- Generous time off. Unlimited paid vacation with leadership approval.
- We offer a 401(k) because we want you to retire one day.
- Highly competent, down to earth, and humble team.
- Awesome slack channels. #pets, #politics, and #random are our favs.
How to apply:
You’ll need a resume and the ability to answer a handful of short questions. We don’t require a cover letter, because you don’t want to write one and we don’t want to read them.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis, and we will accept applications until the role is filled. We are, however, looking to fill this role ASAP, so you should apply as soon as you can.
Turnout2020 is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, or political affiliation.
We cannot provide sponsorship for those requiring visas or work permits.