Trello is growing our global design team and is searching for a passionate, talented designer to help us. We have an opportunity for a Senior Product Designer to join the Trello team and help build the future of one of our flagship products. This role will be specifically aimed at improving users’ Home on Trello, by helping teams make the most of Trello and easily engage with teammates. You will need to ground your work with research and turn findings into simple, intuitive experiences that support the needs of a broad and diverse range of teams, spanning personal as well as work use cases.
More about the opportunity
- With a focus on engagement and retention as teams expand their use of Trello, the Home team has a strong impact on growing the top of the funnel for Trello’s monetization. We need to ensure Trello users understand the value of teams, can structure their boards and teammates in a useful way, and can gain perspective across boards.
- Trello’s Home is where users first land when they’re ready to engage with their work. It should help them prioritize tasks, gain perspective across their teams, and ultimately get more done. When Trello users are equipped to find and contribute to their teams’ work, they bring more work into Trello, leading to deeper engagement with the product. As teams grow, Trello should grow with them to support more specialized use cases, while making it easy for new teammates to get up and running with Trello.
- At Atlassian, designers work as part of a “triad,” collaborating closely with product management and engineering teams to build and innovate the Atlassian product suite. You’ll have the chance to work in a cross-functional team and with substantial ownership and autonomy, make a strong impact on a product used by many.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer in increasingly senior roles. Even better: you’ve got deep experience with SaaS, mobile, or complex enterprise applications.
- Your seniority is obvious when it comes to harnessing the energy of a large and highly skilled product team. This means strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to lead teams toward the best design outcomes.
- You have incredible communication skills, in multiple settings: one on ones, group meetings and written communication. You can translate highly technical content to non-technical people, and more importantly into our user’s language.
- You have a deep knowledge around customer research and know when to apply the right methodology to the problem at hand.
- You’ve developed a deep understanding and high degree of empathy for the customer experience.
- You are comfortable defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- You have the ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features.
- You balance data informed insights alongside synthesizing customer research streams.
- Importantly, you have strong executional skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CC, and Keynote.
- Skills using prototyping frameworks would be a unique strength.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who’s who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.