Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
The Careers team, a dedicated group inside Udacity, is responsible for driving career-related outcomes for our students (that “land their dream job” bit). We operate like a startup within a startup, and our mission is to connect Udacity students with their career-related outcomes from career guidance and interview preparation to finding and securing jobs. The final stage for our students is not completing an online education course, but to be in a new job, and it is the Careers team that makes this happen.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Engineer to help us build on our early success and scale our careers services to the next level. We are a small team compared to the rest of the organization, and while we have made tremendous impact and progress so far, there are still a huge number of problems to solve in order to continue delivering our impact at scale. You will be helping lead technical efforts related to helping students prepare for and land jobs — think OKCupid or Netflix in terms of how we want to match services and open positions to individuals — the kind of career support we all wish we had!
- Work closely with our product and design leads
- Build frameworks for matching services and jobs, including data infrastructure
- Find ways to incorporate the best new technologies into our stack, and the bulk of the work we do revolves around building new features (rather than iterating on old ones)
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with object-oriented design, distributed systems, relational and NoSQL data layers
- Knowledge, or willingness and ability to become fluent in ReactJS, Ruby on Rails and NodeJS
- User-centric mentality/passionate about building products with great user experience
- Data driven
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.