Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our exciting Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
In this role you’ll help pursue Udacity’s mission by expanding our offerings to additional currencies, payment instruments, and pricing structures. You’ll own our payment systems, and be endlessly creative about developing new ways to offer our courses to new students, and ruthlessly pragmatic about pursuing what works and ditching what doesn’t. The mission is to bring education to as many people around the globe as possible, and you’ll be critical in making that happen.
Check out our engineering team: https://vimeo.com/135723573
- Designing and implementing services and applications to accept payments and issue refunds and reimbursements in localized currencies and payment methods around the globe.
- Collaborating with multiple teams to experiment with and quantitatively evaluate the business and user impact of different payment structures
- Building, instrumenting, and iterating on compelling, low-friction user checkout experiences
- Designing, implementing, running, and publishing the results of experiments and A/B tests to optimize all aspects of the user checkout experience
- Building internal tooling to streamline operations workflows and provide the best possible support to our students
- Maintaining high test coverage to keep code quality high and deployments fast and low friction
- Collaborating with international teams to ensure that all students around the globe are treated in a first-class fashion
- Collaborating with internal teams to maximize transparency of financial performance and ease of administration
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Knowledge of web development best practicies across the entire stack.
- Focus on building the best experience possible for our users, both external and internal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.