Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. We are looking for amazing individuals that will help fuel our rocket ship and ensure sustainability for the next 50 years.
In Emerging Technologies and MDN, we are seeking passionate people in our ongoing efforts to advance Mozilla’s mission during an era of considerable change that is poised to disrupt how we use computing in our day to day lives.
MDN’s goal is to simply provide developers with the information they need to easily build projects on the open web. Our engineers have a real passion for helping our fellow developers advance our mission. We believe innovation can come from anywhere that the future of the web is made by developers, designers, programmers, and engineers with amazing ideas.
We constantly research and identify different ways by which we can improve experiences on the web and as a senior developer on this team, you will work closely with passionate professionals from a variety of disciplines such as engineering, product management, and marketing to develop these solutions as they relate to MDN and explore new and exciting product strategy opportunities.
- Experienced crafting and developing both frontend and backend web application features
- Web development using Python/Django (or other MVC frameworks)
- Designing, building, and using web-based REST APIs
- Experience developing within the Node.js ecosystem
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL),
- Full-stack design experience
- Comfortable working with Git
- Values developing comprehensive unit tests
- Experience with large scale software projects – source code control, continuous integration, documentation
- Ability to work productively with geographically distributed team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.