FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached a $1bio valuation (unicorn!) and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity: Senior Software Engineer
FreshBooks is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build a world-class technology company with a global footprint.
You will be instrumental in playing a vital role that impacts the lives of millions of small business owners around the world and directly impact customer experiences and businesses. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
If this appeals to you, please come and chat with us to learn more about how you can become a part of the intrinsically motivated teams of engineers!
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer at FreshBooks:
- Build real world applications that have a meaningful impact on customers
- Make sound decisions even in the absence of complete information, and recognize when to over engineer and when not to
- Design and develop application technologies that optimize solution operation and minimize maintenance overhead
- Collaborate with full-stack and mobile developers on cross-functional Agile teams working on features for our customers
- Contribute to a large codebase that contains a multitude of customer features
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Ensure quality through automated and exploratory testing
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development
- Mentor others, versus just answering questions – Pairing and mentoring others is an integral part of this level
- Work in a dynamic Agile based environment
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in web application development (Agile or Lean environment)
- Experience in Python (our core back-end technologies)
- Step up to handle tough issues and display a can- do attitude
- Experience with databases and SQL – our database is MySQL
- Experience writing and working with REST APIs — and by “REST,” we really do mean actual resource-oriented REST, and not RPC using HTTP mechanisms
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, or other similar tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration (or better, continuous delivery) and automated build pipelines
- The ability to balance desire to ship code quickly to our customers with the responsibility of making good technical decisions
Why Join Us
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you’re passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Compensation and Wellness Benefits. Including Pension Plan matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, annual healthy living credit, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Germany, Croatia, and Netherlands, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn’t meet every bullet on the above lists, we’d love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone (+1) 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.