GoDaddy powers the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
About our team
Our team loves working remote. You’ll find us using Slack, Zoom, Jira, Github and email to communicate and collaborate. Despite being physically apart, we are a close-knit group who make an effort to get to know each other. This is not a team where you’ll take a ticket and work on your own until it’s completed. Rather, we work together and help each other; we pair program remotely when needed. And at least once a year we’ll all travel to the same location to meet in person.
Our team is a welcoming place for all people. Some things that make us special:
- We all work remotely: Eng, PM, UX, everyone.
- We provide everything you need to work remotely.
- We have a sensitive and respectful working environment.
- We value diversity on our team.
- Family comes first; if you need time, you can take time.
- We deploy on Fridays (we deploy on other days too).
Where we’re located
This team is widely distributed from Eastern Europe to West Coast, USA. We are looking for an individual in the US though it does not matter where in the US.
What we work on
This team is responsible for building the Social and Email Composers that will be embedded in numerous locations in the Websites + Marketing suite of products, and the APIs to support their use.
How you will help
As a full-stack engineer, your duties will involve heavy client-side development, complex back-end operations, server-side API development and integration efforts. You will work with our distributed team of Developers, Product Owners, UX and UI designers to build and integrate these composers into the suite.
The composers are built using React, Redux and our internal widget toolkit. In addition, the Email Composer makes use of Draft.js. Supporting APIs are written in Ruby (with or without Rails) or NodeJS. As part of the team you will be responsible for producing high quality, clean and tested code.
On a daily basis you will
- Work as part of a distributed agile team, remotely attending and contributing to Scrum ceremonies; as far as possible we try to group meetings together so you are uninterrupted the rest of the day
- Develop features working on both frontend UI, backend APIs and data schema design, sometimes pair programming with your teammates to solve difficult problems, sometimes working on your own to deliver a story
- Improve application performance and availability and quality by writing tests, fixing bugs, reviewing code or helping to resolve incidents
Our wish list
- You have 2 or more years experience working with React, and
- 6 or more years developing web application UI using a modern JS framework
- You’re experienced with modern CSS
- You have any experience with Social Media APIs and/or Email Clients
- You’re experienced with Git and GitHub, and related workflows
- You have familiarity with Scrum and working in an Agile environment
- You have experience working on a remote software development team
- You are in the US or in a similar time zone
We recognize not everyone has all of these. We value talent and interest over specific experience and would encourage you to apply even if you have just some of our wishlist.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R007761