The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to help us build world class tools to help candidates win elections and to empower progressives across the country by providing them with access to high quality data and tools they need to win.
We need an experienced Product Marketing Manager to help us define and communicate our value proposition for our data warehouse and suite of self service analytics tools we are building for our growing community of data analysts and data scientists in state parties, campaigns, sister committees (like the DCCC), and vendors.
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in marketing and communications to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product releases and linking arms with our community team to ensure consistent and clear customer messaging and support.
Who we are
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day. But there’s more to do. So we’re hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives—building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
Our data warehouse and analytics tools is our product (‘Phoenix’). We are deeply committed to equipping candidates and campaigns around the country with the resources they need to win, and we are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to collaborate with our product and community teams to identify the highest value opportunities to improve users’ end to end experience with democratic data.
Our users range in technical skill and it’s our mission to build tools that help analysts and data scientists uplevel their analytics game by providing features and functions that seamlessly integrate with our data warehouse.
- Define our value proposition – With your deep understanding of the needs and challenges that our customers are facing today, you will define differentiated value propositions to accelerate the adoption of Phoenix.
- Develop strategy and execution for all customer communications. This includes product releases, weekly updates and much more.
- Influence our roadmap – Influence the product strategy and in-product communications through relevant consumer and product insights, driving alignment across teams when needed.
- Showcase our solution – Build ‘wow’ and ‘how to’ content and go to market activities to excite, delight and onboard presidentials, state parties, sister committees and vendors to Phoenix.
- Support and coordinate the efforts of internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Data, Engineers, Community, UX Design, and others.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and the development work that is happening each sprint.
- Be a key resource for customers such as state party data directors, sister committee analysts and presidential data teams.
- Develop relationships with customers across the political tech ecosystem.
You might be right for this role if you..
- Have a minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as product marketing, integrated marketing, product management, management consulting, communications or technical pre-sales.
- Have a Bachelors degree in marketing, business, technology, computer science or relevant field of studyHave a demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content.
- Have experience partnering with, influencing, and driving buy-in from product teams (Product Management, Design, Engineering, UX Research, Data Science).
- Comfortable with one or more of the following: SQL, data architecture, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio).
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience distilling key functionality and benefits into product marketing message.
- Are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together
- Deep knowledge of and passion for technology products.
Nice to have..
- Electoral campaign experience, and specifically experience with political data, is not required, but is definitely a plus.
- Experience with front-end programming
- Experience managing numerous stakeholders and large cross-functional teams
- Experience working with a remote team
Do you want to..
- Secure the future of our country? Right now a lot is at stake in our country and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people? We’re building a diverse, distributed team, hiring the best people we can wherever they are—alumni from past Presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York, experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area, and more.
- Never stop learning? There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing new trails and you should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
This is a full-time role. We are a remote team with a concentration of folks in Washington, D.C., San Francisco Bay Area, Boston and Chicago. If you are coming from industry, however, be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we’ve done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook. On the other hand, you might legit help save the world.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.