Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated software engineering student to assist with development of internal and external tools for monitoring associates and robot performance. The ideal candidate will have had experience with and interest in database development, web applications, and data visualization, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem solving both independently and in team settings. This position reports directly to the International Launch and Performance team.
The Computer Engineer/Computer Science Co-op will be responsible for:
· Assisting in development of web based tools for analyzing robot performance data such as wireless signal strength and failure analysis
· Assisting in the architecture, design, and implementation of databases to store trending data for analysis
· Designing visual games for testing associate performance
· Computer vision problems including 2D and 3D cameras, laser scanners, and MoCap systems
· Having an understanding of and interest in the technical principles, theories, and concepts in software development
· Assisting an interdisciplinary team of engineers in the execution of product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing, and certification
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ year’s university degree in Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics engineering, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
· Experience in the design and debugging of large scale software applications
· Proficiency in two or more programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, C, MySQL, etc.
· Classroom and/or project experience in programming, firmware, and/or system level design
· Experience implementing third party APIs
· Commitment to rigorous testing practices
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
· You should have strong decision-making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· Solid understanding of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering
· Experience in controlling actuators using sensors with programmed embedded systems
· Comfortable using hand tools
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
· Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· The ability to develop models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s an experience in designing optimization models for inventory, network flows and other characteristics of supply-chain systems (e.g., staff scheduling, vehicle routing, and facility location), accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and the latest technology or software development, even better.