Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a Project Manager to join our team to work with our global customers, staff, and delivery partners. In this role, you will manage both customer focused projects that meet the technical and business needs of our customers with our database software and services solutions, alongside internal projects. You will coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, schedule and execute distinct projects both on time and within scope and budget. The customer experience will be in your hands as you ensure a smooth implementation that delivers on Percona’s promises.
What You Will Do
- Create and execute project work plans that include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify which Percona and/or delivery partner resources are needed, and assign tasks and schedule resources accordingly
- Manage project scope and resources needed to successfully deliver customer/stakeholder requirements
- Ensure accurate time recording is completed by resources allocated to projects to enable accurate billing and reporting
- Own the reporting of project revenue, project profitability and revenue forecasting
- Manage day-to-day interactions and expectations with customers and Percona stakeholders, while developing credibility and strong business partner relationships
- Communicate project statuses, risks and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executives
- Ensure hand-off meetings occur between departments in order to meet customer expectations set through various stages of the customer lifecycle
- Manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and Percona stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, senior leadership, etc.)
- Be accountable for implementing and maintaining reliable and repeatable project delivery processes, metrics and operational procedures
- Act as a liaison to subcontractors and/or delivery partners
- Own change control process and ensure project scope creep is mitigated
- Partner with Solutions Engineering to review and revise project statements of work, and participate in pre-sales calls as necessary
- Understand Percona’s pricing model and services costs associated with each project
- Develop a high-level understanding of Percona’s software and supported technologies
- Ensure internally focused projects are delivered on time and within budget, with regular status updates provided to project stakeholders
What You’ve Done
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager on technology-based projects
- 3+ years experience managing projects with external customers or clients, preferably enterprise customers.
- 3+ years of leading and motivating individual contributors, teams, and mediating conflicts
- 2+ years of project budget/finance/analysis
- Learned best practices in project management – PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) or PRINCE2
- Developed excellent written and verbal communication skills – you know how to negotiate, as well as communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Developed organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated your ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
What Will Make You Stand Out From Other Candidates
- Familiarity with software and/or database development methodologies
- Experience with Professional Services and/or Managed Services delivery
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ability to acquire within six months
- ITILv2/3 Foundations Certification
- Experience leading diverse consulting engagements or customer transitions and transformations including third party vendors, internal, and customer resources
- Experience leading and managing teams of project managers
- Proficiency in tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Asana and GoogleDocs
- Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites
Location / Time zone: Remote work from home position that can be located anywhere within USA with the ability to travel to USA clients when needed.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.