Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Duration: 12 months
Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Project Manager who will work within the Security and Legal teams and will be responsible for organizing and reporting on tasking efforts related to Security, Data Protection, Compliance, and Privacy for data derived of Wikimedia Projects.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Play an integral part in project briefing, planning, scheduling, and resourcing for Security, Data Protection, Compliance and Privacy efforts.
- Ensure program work quality and delivery upon agreed timelines.
- Identifying problem areas in the project, reporting issues and making recommendations to the Program Manager.
- Coordinate meetings, briefings and activities across the Foundation and the community.
- Fielding initial questions in relation to compliance activities.
At the end of this project, the content creator will deliver supporting documents (interview notes, content maps, etc.) and final proofs ready for publishing, formatted in HTML or Markdown.
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Methodical detailed approach to work.
- The ability to work across multiple remote teams and manage tasks/scheduling across multiple time zones.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify how one issue can impact on another and put in place the required interventions through support or from own knowledge base.
- Ability to manage significant risks and issues.
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Regulatory project experience
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Understanding of free culture / free software / open source principles
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that supports Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply