Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the track Program Manager. As an Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Teach morning guided projects as well as attend other trainings as specified by the Program Manager during day hours: M-Th 8-11am PST (~12-15 hours/week depending on meetings outside of that block of time)
- Deliver course curriculum that produces job market ready graduatesReport on student progress and success throughout the course to the track’s Program Manager
- Review curriculum with cohort Team Leads (TLs) and Section Leads (SLs) so they can better support students
- Coordinate efforts with the cohort SL to ensure SLs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms to support student learning
- Collaborate with other instructors, Student Success Team, and Lambda X as needed
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon Android course curriculum that produces job-market ready graduates
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon pre-course curriculum that prepares applicants for the course during the admissions process
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
- High School or GED with proof of completion
- Experience in teaching
A successful candidate will have:
- Proficiency with Kotlin or Java
- A deep understanding of the Android framework and SDK
- Experience with Material Design and Android best practices
- Familiarity with the Android ecosystem and its features
- Some familiarity with Android libraries like RxJava, RxKotlin, Retrofit, Dagger 2, Timber, Stetho, LeakCanary, OkHttp, Room, DataBinding, Picasso, etc…
Bonus if you…
- are familiar with Zoom and Slack
- have an interest in keeping up with the latest in Android development
- have prior start-up experience
- have a passion for equality and leveling the playing field
- have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.